Since his admission in in 2004, Matthew has practiced almost exclusively in construction and commercial litigation. Over the last 5 years, his practice has expanded to include front-end construction services.
Over the years, Matthew has gained broad experience advising a range of clients including builders and associated professionals, charities and not-for-profit organisations, developers, owners corporations, property owners (personal and corporate) and government agencies. He has been able to assist these clients in a range of legal services including:
- contract preparation and advice;
- defect and contract disputes;
- payment claims/schedules;
- adjudication applications/responses;
- insurance claims;
- professional negligence claims;
- tendering and project management agreements; and
- mediations, expert determinations and Court work/advocacy.
Over the years, Matthew has come to understand that being able to strategize is important and vital to a successful legal practice. With this understanding he has been able to resolve many complex disputes our clients.