The Australian Law Awards is an event that celebrates the best and brightest lawyers in the country and recognises them for their hard work and contribution to the legal field.
This year, it is back to bring the dedication of law professionals into the spotlight. Let us dig deeper at some of the awards being given to lawyers at this event.
What Awards Do Lawyers Receive?
According to the Law Council of Australia, which is the national representative body of the Australian legal profession, there are many awards created to acknowledge the excellence and dedication of groups or individuals to providing legal services.
These awards are:
- Australian Young Lawyer Awards—for young lawyers and organisations.
- Baxt Prize—for an outstanding research paper about Human Rights and Business Law.
- Consumer Rights Award—for an individual who has contributed to the promotion and protection of consumer rights.
- Mahla Pearlman Award—for the Australian Young Environment Lawyer of the Year.
- Migration Manager John Gibson AM Award for the Young Australian Migration Lawyer of the Year—given for excellence in migration law.
- National Golden Gavel—for young lawyers with outstanding public speaking skills.
- New Superannuation Lawyer’s Award—young lawyers who excel in the practice or research related to superannuation law.
- Outstanding Contribution to Immigration Law—given to those with great contributions in Australian or international migration law.
- President’s Award—previously known as President’s Medal, this award is for a lawyer who made significant work to the legal profession.
- Tom Yuncken Australian Young Construction Lawyer Award—a national award given by the Business Law Section of the Australian Law Council.
- Victorian Young Property Lawyer of the Year—for those with achievements related to property law.
Who Gives Awards to Lawyers in Australia?
There are a number of lawyer awards given out each year. Some of these are given by organisations like The Law Council of Australia. Other prestigious recognitions require the nomination of their peers and are often distributed through Lawyers Weekly’s Australian Law Awards and Australasian Lawyer’s Annual Awards.
What Is The Australian Law Awards?
The Australian Law Awards is a large and annual event that recognises and celebrates the achievements of lawyers and law firms from across the country. This event covers spectacular work in a range of legal practice areas, including corporate law, family law, criminal law and more. It also acknowledges the outstanding work of individuals who have made a significant contribution to the legal field. In addition, this prestigious event provides an opportunity for the legal community to come together.
The Australian Law Awards is open to all lawyers, regardless of practice area or size of the firm, and they are judged by a panel of independent experts.
When Is the Next Australian Law Awards?
The event will be at the Australian Turf Club, Royal Randwick Racecourse, Sydney, and it’s happening on the 12th of August this year, to which the program begins at 7:30 PM.
Categories For This Year’s Australian Law Awards
The annual Australian Law Awards are one of the most anticipated events in the legal community. This year, there are 19 awards up for grabs, covering different aspects and fields.
- Academic of the Year
- Barrister of the Year
- Dealmaker of the Year
- General Counsel of the Year
- Company Secretary of the Year
- Indigenous Leader of the Year
- In-House Lawyer of the Year
- Innovator of the Year (Individual)
- Law Student of the Year
- Legal Support Professional of the Year
- Managing Partner of the Year
- Mentor of the Year
- Partner of the Year
- Regional/Suburban Lawyer of the Year
- Rising Star of the Year (In-House)
- Rising Star of the Year (Private Practice)
- Senior Associate of the Year
- Sole Practitioner of the Year
- Special Counsel of the Year
The Australasian Law Awards
Another exciting event that will happen this year is the Australasian Law Awards. It is one of the most highly regarded events in the legal profession.
Every year, hundreds of lawyers from across Australia and New Zealand compete for a spot on the shortlist and ultimately be chosen as the awardee.
The Australasian Law Awards is a prestigious awards gala that aims to recognise the achievements and outstanding feats of law firms, in-house legal teams and individuals across different categories.
The general award categories are:
- Deal awards
- In-house awards
- Industry awards
- Firm awards
Madison Marcus: An Award-Winning Law Firm
If you need help with legal matters, Madison Marcus is a team that you can trust. We are an award-winning law firm that serves as testimony to our dedication and commitment to serve.
We specialise in different fields, including corporate and commercial, real estate, strata and community living, migration, petroleum, construction, family law, sports, entertainment and more.
Do your business with the trusted lawyers in the industry. Let Madison Marcus empower your business by reaching out with our team today. For all enquiries or to book a free 15-minute consultation, contact us today.