The Building Commissioner’s powers are extensive and are broadening under changes to the governing legislation. Many builders and developers have already experienced a vigorous audit process after receiving Prohibition Orders. The audit process and dealing with draft or final orders can be a stressful and expensive exercise. Avoiding the issue of a Prohibition Order or dealing with them in a timely manner is the focus of our conference. The panel, which will include the NSW Building Services Commissioner and industry experts will discuss:
- What to do if you receive an audit notice;
- The document requisition and site inspection process;
- What to do if you receive a draft order or an order;
- The pitfalls and what to watch out for.
Panel Guest Speakers
- David Chandler | NSW Building Commissioner | NSW Department of Customer Service
- Michael Dakhoul | Managing Director | Construction Consultants
- Kathryn Mansour | Senior Building Consultant | Strata Defects Specialists Sydney
- Bechara Shamieh | Chairman & Managing Director | Madison Marcus
- Phillip Bambagiotti | Barrister | Tenth Floor St James Hall Chamber & 3PB Barristers UK
Attendance is FREE with LIMITED seats are available, so secure your spot.