Mergers, Acquisitions & Corporate
The Madison Marcus Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate specialists have an acute understanding of the corporate landscape and understand the time constraints and demands of the M & A environment. Our team takes the time to understand each clients business to ensure that we exceed the expectations in achieving their aims.
The Madison Marcus Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate specialists have an acute understanding of the corporate landscape and understand the time constraints and demands of the M & A environment.
The Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate team at Madison Marcus focuses predominantly on private M&A, general corporate advisory and general commercial matters.
Our team advises on an extensive range of M&A and corporate matters in all industries with a particular focus on the industries of real estate, construction, development, childcare, biometrics, finance, media, entertainment, human resources and technology.
We have advised and acted for transnational and domestic corporations, small and medium-sized enterprises, high-net worth individual, private equity firms and investment banks.
What sets our team apart is our understanding of the corporate environment and the time constraints in the M&A industry. We work as a direct part of our clients’ teams to enable us to fully recognise and achieve the objectives and overcome the hurdles facing our clients on each particular matter.
Our team prides itself on providing fast, succinct and effective services throughout the entire transaction process to ensure you receive high quality, commercial and personalised service and are able to achieve your goals within the desired timeframes.
Our team has received recognition by its peers in the industry with the following nominations in the Dealmaker of the Year category at the Australian Law Awards:
- Ramy Qutami – 2016
- Ramy Qutami – 2017
- Benoir Bayssari – 2018
The Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate team at Madison Marcus can advise on all matters relating to:
- Mergers, acquisitions and disposals, including share and asset purchases;
- Due diligence
- Corporative advisory including advising shareholders and directors on rights and obligations;
- Tax and structuring advice;
- Corporate structuring with a focus on asset protection and tax minimisation;
- Joint ventures, shareholder agreements and unit holder agreements;
- Corporate secretarial services;
- Corporate governance advice, strategies and recommendations;
- General commercial drafting and contracts; and
- General legal advice to start-ups.
Some examples of transactions recently completed by the Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate team include:
- acting on the disposal of numerous childcare centres (and subsequent restructure) to G8 Education Limited by way of asset sale;
- acted on the acquisition of the rights to acquire Evans Head Airpark by way of share purchase;
- acted on the takeover of The SOS Print & Media Group (Australia) Pty Limited by AAB Holdings Pty Limited by way of share purchase;
- acted on the disposal of assets by Ascender Learn Pty Ltd to Janison Education Limited;
- acted on the disposal of the rights to acquire a 16-property development site in Castle Hill by way of a unit redemption and subscription;
- acted on the sale of the Martin Management and Martin Sales businesses by way of share and unit sale; and
- acted on capital raising, corporate structuring and cross-border acquisitions for Argus Global Pty Ltd and international subsidiaries.
For all enquiries in relation to mergers, acquisitions or corporate law, please contact our award winning team today.
Our Key People - Mergers, Acquisitions & Corporate
At Madison Marcus our philosophy is to take a fresh approach, bringing the law to life through our passion for it. Our outcome based approach delivers transparency and enhanced risk management in the ever changing business environment and our expertise across diverse sectors gives us a distinct competitive edge. Read more