Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Our Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution division has some of Australia's most experienced and trusted lawyers who specialise in protecting the interests of our clients in all stages of a dispute, from pre-litigation negotiations through to legal proceedings before the Australian Courts and Tribunals.
Our Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution division has some of Australia's most experienced and trusted lawyers.
Our Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution has experienced lawyers who are able to advise you upon all aspects of pre-litigation negotiation, mediation, and settlement of disputes (where possible), or alternatively, to represent you in any legal proceedings which it may be necessary to commence or defend.
We are able to most effectively advise you, if you consult us at an early stage. The widest range of options available to you are generally at the commencement of your dispute or negotiation. We can advise you of the alternative courses of action available to you, their risks and the associated legal costs. We can identify risks and advise clients how to avoid or minimise those risks.
We take pride in assisting our clients to avoid disputes and litigation by reviewing their contracts and representing them in contract negotiations.
The team is led by David Low, who has recently been named as one of Australia’s Best Lawyers 2020 in Litigation.
We have experience in all NSW state courts (Local, District and Supreme Courts) and tribunals (including NCAT) and in all Commonwealth courts.
Examples of the types of industry sectors in which we have experience, include:
- Debtor and creditor disputes, including recovery of fees and commissions;
- Loans, mortgages, guarantees and financial contracts;
- All forms of contract disputes;
- All forms of business disputes, including partnership disputes, shareholder disputes and board disputes;
- Joint venture disputes;
- Commercial leases (whether for landlord or tenant);
- Retail leases (whether for landlord or tenant);
- Disputes arising from contracts for the sale and purchase of residential and commercial property (whether for vendor or purchaser);
- Disputes arising from options to purchase land;
- Personal and corporate insolvency advice (including bankruptcy, voluntary administration, receivership and liquidation) whether for the insolvency appointee, creditor or debtor; and
- Advice and representation in relation to professional sporting contract and disciplinary disputes, including representation before sporting tribunals and Court of Arbitration for Sport.
If you would like advice upon another type of negotiation or dispute, we would be pleased to discuss our expertise and how we may assist you.
For all enquiries in relation to commercial litigation or dispute resolution matters or advice, please contact our specialists today.
Our Key People - Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Team
At Madison Marcus our philosophy is to take a fresh approach, bringing the law to life through our passion for it. Our outcome based approach delivers transparency and enhanced risk management in the ever changing business environment and our expertise across diverse sectors gives us a distinct competitive edge. Read more