With no shortage of Construction & Infrastructure work coming from existing and new clients we are looking to expand our team of Senior Construction Lawyers with a minimum of 4 years PQE.
The Construction & Infrastructure team works with a diverse range of clients involved in front end work including contract drafting, contract reviews and back-end work including litigation, security of payment Act claims, adjudications, defect liability and liability disputes up to and including the Supreme Court matters.
We offer work as a ‘whole project’ approach, providing expert legal advice from inception to delivery and completion. Applicant with both front and/or back-end exposure and experience are in a great position for this role.
The positions are based in our new stunning Sydney CBD office which boasts glass walls allowing ample natural light, impressive board, and meetings rooms, lots of break out spaces, open plan seating and hybrid working arrangements.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong Building and Construction litigation law experience
- Exposure to:
- Property and construction disputes
- Both front end and back-end building and construction experience
- Experience with Construction agreements
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Local, District, Supreme Court and Court of Appeal; and
- Drafting documents
- Hold a current practising certificate
- Exhibit strong problem solving and time management skills
- Be motivated, dynamic, career-orientated and a team player
- Be professionally presented with initiative and superior communication skills
The position offers:
- The opportunity to become a valued member of a large busy practice dedicated to providing clients with the best possible advice and service
- A challenging and rewarding position with the ability to make your mark
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A supportive friendly team and the opportunity to enjoy the wealth of experience and support that will surround you
Benefits and Culture
Our mission is to protect and empower both clients and employees.
We don’t isolate or pigeonhole like big firms by management processes and layers of red tape and politics. Here at Madison Marcus Law Firm, we are entrepreneurial and forward thinking by nature. We thrive on new ideas and innovation. We proactively invest in new technologies to be a firm where law and business meet with technology. We are new age.
We offer work anniversary loyalty bonuses, fortnightly drinks and team bonding, volunteer days credited to your budget, paid parental leave, business and staff referral incentives, wellness initiatives, fantastic social club activities and 1:1 Marketing Coaching and assistance.
Madison Marcus is a leading boutique law firm with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, and Parramatta. We have been consistently recognised by the legal and business communities for excellence in our legal work, innovation, corporate citizenship, and our employee health and well-being initiatives, along with individual team members for their success and leadership. We are a young, diverse firm offering great working conditions, diverse and enjoyable social events and ample development opportunities.
A resume and covering letter demonstrating how you meet the key selection criteria would be welcomed. For a confidential conversation, please contact Verdiana Riolo on 02 8022 1222 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All discussions and emails will be treated as highly confidential to protect your privacy.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.