Pier has been working as a GST specialist since late 1999, in top-tier law and accounting firms and then on his own, after spending 2 years in general legal practice. He has acted for taxpayers of all kinds, but with a main focus on participants in the financial services and property industries. Such clients have ranged from the major investment and retail banks to financial co-operatives and litigation funders. He has appeared as counsel for taxpayers at all levels of Commonwealth Courts and Tribunals.
Pier’s key expertise includes:
- GST advisory work in both a transactional and general operational context;
- Assisting with the recovery of GST refunds for overpaid tax;
- GST dispute resolution, both between private parties and with revenue authorities, primarily aimed at achieving cost-effective, commercial outcomes;
- Collective claims against entities;
Pier regularly advises clients including:
- Professional services;
- Financial services;
- High net worth family groups;
- Banking and Finance entities;
- ASX listed companies.
+61 2 8022 1222