Pier has over 20 years’ experience as a commercial lawyer specialising in tax, trusts, superannuation and property. He has advised extensively on all aspects of commercial transactions for public and private enterprises as well as high net worth family groups.
He has been working as a GST specialist since late 1999, in top-tier law and accounting firms and then on his own, after spending 2 years in general legal practice. He has acted for taxpayers of all kinds, but with a main focus on participants in the financial services and property industries. Such clients have ranged from the major investment and retail banks to financial co-operatives and litigation funders. He has appeared as counsel for taxpayers at all levels of Commonwealth Courts and Tribunals.
Pier’s key expertise includes:
- GST advisory work in both a transactional and general operational context;
- Assisting with the recovery of GST refunds for overpaid tax;
- GST dispute resolution, both between private parties and with revenue authorities, primarily aimed at achieving cost-effective, commercial outcomes;
- Collective claims against entities;
Pier regularly advises clients including:
- Professional services;
- Financial services;
- High net worth family groups;
- Banking and Finance entities;
- ASX listed companies.
+61 2 8022 1222