planning, environment & government
With more than 15 years of post- admission experience, Paul brings to the firm a wealth of knowledge and expertise in local government, environment and planning law. Paul specialises in:
- Major project developments;
- Local and State government regulatory and governance practice;
- Public-private partnerships;
- Probity and governance;
- Litigation and mediation of development projects;
- Regulatory enforcement and prosecutions; and
- Due diligence and compulsory acquisition.
Paul has a master’s in environmental law from Sydney University. Prior to his legal career, Paul worked extensively in heavy industry (power generation) and the construction industry in an electrical engineering capacity.
Paul regularly acts for a diverse set of clients including developers, business owners, local government authorities, state government, energy providers, mining companies and land owners.
Paul has extensive litigation experience in NSW Local, Land and Environment and Supreme Courts as well as experience in both the High Court and NSW Administrative Tribunals. Paul has acted as lawyer advocate in numerous Land and Environment Court proceedings and has had the carriage of NSW Court of Appeal matters. He has also acted as prosecutor in local court matters.
+61 2 8022 1222