Director – Real Estate & Developments
Denis Hall is a Director and Head of the Property division at Madison Marcus Law Firm which comprises Real Estate and Developments, Leasing and Private clients.
Denis acts for local and international property developers and clients on all types of property transactions including:
- Site acquisitions and disposals with values of up to AU $300 million;
- Contracts for sale and purchase, put and call options (standalone & interdependent), expressions of interest, deeds of nomination and deeds of assignment valued $200 million;
- Property documentation including development deeds, joint ventures, trusts, shareholders agreements and marketing agreements;
- Associated documents required from subdivision (strata, stratum, stage strata and community titles) easements, restricted and positive covenants;
- Planning law in relation to development applications, appeals to the Land and Environment Court and the JRPP; and
- Off the plan marketing sale contracts. Co-ordinating launches and off the plan sales from small to large developments comprising up to 400 apartments.
Denis acts for private clients on one-off transactions such as sale and purchases of all types of real estate, including Torrens, strata and community title and dealing with houses, apartments, industrial and commercial offices.
Denis has extensive knowledge and experience in relation to leases, acting for landlords and tenants on matters including:
- Heads of agreement, agreements for lease, head leases, subleases and assignment of leases of all types including retail, commercial and industrial;
- Shopping centres with more than 150 retail outlets; and
- Advise in relation to associated matters including but not limited to disputes, negotiations and mediations.
Denis has also acted in advising and assisting businesses and SMEs including:
- The sales and purchase of businesses;
- Company share and trust unit transfers, asset protection, business succession and shareholders agreement; and
- Distribution agreements, agency agreements, licensing agreements and franchise agreements.
Denis is admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.
In 2017, Denis was named Property Law Expert by Global Law Experts. Also in 2017, the Madison Marcus property law group was named Australian Property Law Firm of the Year by Global Law Experts and Australian Real Property Law Firm of the Year by Finance Monthly Global Awards.
+61 2 8022 1222